Welcome to Hoffman Genealogy Services!
- Minnesota Research
- Online Research (Expertise in a wide variety of genealogical databases)
- Document and Evidence Evaluation
- Problem Analysis
- Professional Research Reports
- Training for Beginners
What to Expect:
Genealogists generally start with a specific research question to answer. For example: Who was your paternal grandfather? I can help you decide where to start. Then I will conduct a diligent search to uncover data to answer your question. It is important to know I cannot guarantee to find the answer you seek. Even if information is found, records can be incorrect, conflict with other information or are sometimes intentionally wrong.
As a professional genealogist, you can expect that I will follow the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).
The Five Elements of the Genealogical Proof Standard:
- • Conduct a reasonably exhaustive search in reliable sources for information that might answer the research question.
- • Provide a complete, accurate citation to the source of each piece of information used.
- • Analyze, compare and correlate the gathered information to assess its usefulness as evidence.
- • Endeavor to resolve any conflicts caused by items of contradictory evidence or the proposed answer to the question.
- • Prepare a written report, list or narrative that supports the conclusion.